Wednesday, February 6, 2008

my attempt at sharing

so for my first entry i will express my usual dislike of sharing (especially to potentially millions of people). not that i'm arrogant enough to believe millions of people will read this. but it's a possibility. at the training matt and i just returned from they strongly suggested, if not presented as a requirment, all new staff start a blog.

so here i am.

the other twist to this "sharing"story is this. in order to go overseas with campus crusade (the company for which we work) we had to take a personality/psychological test of about 800 true/false questions. the results of this test were spot on. the main thing that was brought out about me was that i am unable to express my inner world.

what?

at first i was understandably confused, but since then i've been praying. the Lord has provided opportunities for me to share. some i've taken, some i haven't. but i'm starting to learn what my inner world is, and how to share it with others. so hopefully this blog will help me to grow in this area that i'm apparently deficient in. if you have any suggestions, i'm listening!

3 comments:

Gabe Smith said...

Great first post and I look forward to hearing more about your journey in the future.

Kim said...

I just want to encourage you - my results for that 800 question test were spot on too - I couldn't believe that test could tell that I have a hard time expressing my needs and feelings to people in authority over me, and that I may struggle with seasonal depression in the winter months!! It has been eye opening for me too - to see that there is actually some sanctification that God wants to do in my life through taking that extremely long test! It sounds like you are there too. :-) Hope you and Matt are well. I'm praying for that support!

Unknown said...

hey guys...

cassie...God is good and He will take you through this step by step. He is constantly sharpening us for the path He has laid in front of us. i love you.